- Temporary full-time position
- Great rates of pay
- Immediate start
Our client, based in South Gippsland, look after all the general works and services within the area. Our client offers a team orientated environment and very good working conditions. They have been established as a reliable employer and long-term opportunities are often available.
About the role
To provide general support and labouring resources to work crews and other activities as directed. Hours are 7am-4pm Monday-Friday with a 9-day working fortnight. Hourly rate starts at $41.
- Daily maintenance of relevant vehicles and plant.
- Report to mechanics section on plant condition and assist with maintenance work as required.
- Assistance with maintenance and construction works as required.
- High level of customer service.
- Be a cooperative and active member and contribute to the improving of operational efficiency.
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of signs.
- Skills in heavy truck driving and possession of licence/s appropriate to operate tractors, trucks, loaders, and utility/motor vehicles. (Desirable)
- Previous experience in general Municipal Maintenance and Construction works desirable, including knowledge of road making maintenance, construction, materials and methods.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for a career in road construction and maintenance.
- White Card (Essential)
- Minimum MR License
- Previous experience in a loader & excavator
- Current WWCC & Police Check or willingness to obtain